is pleased to present the following article related
Geico Car Insurance
When Car Insurance Is Your Friend
With the number of cars on the streets increasing, auto insurance is becoming very necessary, whether it's Geico car insurance or from another insurer. If you are not familiar with the many aspects of car insurance, here is an article to help you out. I often wonder how some people can be so ignorant as to avoid car insurance. Many give the excuse that since they are good drivers they will not need insurance at all. However, road traffic is not what it used to be and you can never predict what is going to happen on the road even if you follow all the driving rules.
THE IMPORTANCE OF CAR INSURANCE
What is the value of car insurance? It offers you coverage in the event of losses arising from traffic accidents. Let us take an example here. Let us say that your car was hit by a falling tree and got totally smashed. If you had taken out a car insurance policy, the loss would be written off by your insurance company. Repairing the smashed one could fall very expensive. At such a time, buying a new car would be a better option.
COVERAGE OFFERED BY CAR INSURANCE
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: This policy type pays for accidental damage to someone else's property (for example, their home fence,) in a collision. People who get slapped with a lawsuit for property damage can take care of their legal fees with this policy.
- Bodily Injury Liability: This policy pays out for injuries to someone else in an accident. It covers lawsuit expenses as well.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): This policy type covers for medical expenses, lost wages and other similar expenses arising in an accident, wherein there is no serious bodily injury.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This policy type covers for damages caused by theft, flood, and fire and so on. Thus, in case of damages that are not caused by collision, this is the coverage that will help you.
- Collision Coverage: This policy type offers coverage for damages happening as result of a collision or in situations where your car strikes another car or is struck by another vehicle.
- Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage - This policy type pays for expenses that happen as a result of an accident in which the driver of the other car has insufficient insurance coverage.
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage: This policy type pays for expenses that happen as a result of an accident in which the driver of the other car has no insurance coverage causes an accident with your car.
- Underinsured Motorist Property Damage Coverage: This policy type is applicable in case of an accident in which the driver of the other car has insufficient insurance coverage. It pays for the repair and replacement costs that occur in this case.
When getting a car insurance policy, check out the different types offered. Find a policy that will cover you for a wide variety of contingencies. You can buy several policies together. Extensively study the rates that are being offered by providers of car insurance. Getting good car insurance is quite easy especially since the insurance markets started expanding.
It would be a great idea to check with friends and family to find out which deals are worth looking at and which companies offer the best bargains. After all, you are looking at an option that will work out in the long run. So you need to be absolutely sure that you are making the right choice.