Car Insurance in Austin
5 Facts That Will Reduce Your Austin Auto Insurance
By Danny, Mon Jan 2nd
Auto insurance is all based on statistics and the chances ofaccidents happening. Therefore, reduce the chances of accidentswill ultimately reduce the amount of the insurance policy. That's why
is more expensive for teenagers than adults. Here are 5 factors that the insurance companies look at to determine how much your insurance will be.
1. Deductible. Raising the deductible on their auto insurance is a good way to cut the cost of the policy. Sometimes you can reduce your
annual premium by 10 percent or more if you increase your deductible from, say, $250 to $500. However, If you do this make sure you have the
financial resources to handle the larger deductible when the time comes.
2. Location. Living in a rural community with little crime and traffic congestion, your premium will generally be lower than living in an
urban area where your car is more likely to be stolen, vandalized, or involved in an accident. Granted, you shouldn't move just to cut your costs.
However, this may be one of many factors in your decision if you're thinking about relocating from the country to the city. What you should do ask
one of your friend who lives in the rural if you can use his address for the
and is tellthe insurance companies the rural location where your friend lives.
3. Garage parking. Cars parked in garages are less likely
to be stolen, vandalized, or struck by other vehicles. Using a garage to store your car may entitle you to a slight premium reduction.
4. Mileage. If you drive less than a certain number of miles in a year (e.g., 7,500), you may qualify for a low-mileage discount.
If your insurer offers this discount, try to limit your driving as much as possible. If you commute to work, use public transportation instead of driving.
When you go away onvacation, fly or take the train.
5. Safety/Anti-theft Devices. Majority of the insurance companies offer discount if your car is equipped with one or more of the following
safety devices: anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, and airbags. Similarly, anti-theft devices such as car alarms and tracking systems
(e.g., Lojack) may also get you a discount because they reduce the chances of your car being stolen or vandalized.
For more information about car insurance in Austin, visit this site.